Creating a video ad online is easy – but how can you make your commercial really come to life and stand out from the crowd? Check out four of our top tips below to see the ways you can customize your video and make an impact.
A transition is the moment when one image or video clip switches to another. Different effects can draw the viewer in and set the tone for your ad. We give you 10 transitions to choose from.
- If you have a lot of images in your video, use an occasional zoom or slide so they don’t appear too static.
- If you have a lot of video clips, use fade to give it a professional touch.
- Hover over each transition to get a quick preview of the effect.
2. Text Styles
The text of a video is where you really sell your message to the consumer. With Viddyad, thousands of different text combinations are possible using our styles dashboard.
- Have consistency on each screen – stick with the same fonts and colors.
- If you have a colorful or busy image or clip, try adding a background bar to make your text stand out.
- There are three text fields on each screen – make use of them and avoid crowding text in one text field, spread it out.
3. Text Animations
So, you’ve found the right font and color, and tweaked your message to perfection. What next? How about picking a great text animation to really grab the viewer’s attention? We give our users a range of choices for text animations. Choose how your text appears and disappears from the screen, as well as what emphasis is placed on it while it’s there.
- Take the tone of your video into consideration, if it’s a 10 second video highlighting a special offer, try using the zoom and expand animations to highlight this.
- If your video is being used for a presentation, simpler animations such as fade and soft-edge may be most appropriate.
- Experiment with different animations – click the “Play Animation” button to get a quick preview of how your text will appear.
4. Logo Screen Customization
This is the most important part of your video – the final message screen. It’s the last thing the viewer sees, so make sure it stands out.
- Give a really clear call to action. For example, if it’s a sales video and you have a direct phone number, prompt the viewer to call and use the number instead of your website. This will increase your conversions.
- You can adjust the size of your logo to make it as big or a small as you wish – just leave room for your CTA (call to action).
Above all, remember to experiment! You can change the timings, add filters, reorder content and much more. Your video preview will be ready in just a few seconds, so try out different effects to get the style of video that really suits your business, product or campaign.
Ready to start? Head on over to Viddyad now to get customizing.