Facebook owned Instagram are about to introduce video ads into the newsfeed of users with in the coming months. Instagram will join LinkedIn as the only social networks to provide video advertising as an advertising product. Back in June Instagram updated their application to allow videos to be captured and shared.
For many months, Facebook video ads have been rumored to be tested within the next few weeks but it seems they may be pushed back further to allow more time for feedback on Instagram. Brands such as Ralph Lauren have already been using the video feature to their advantage.
What this means for users
In their statement the social network said “Our aim is to make any advertisements you see feel as natural to Instagram as the photos and videos many of you already enjoy from your favorite brands”.
Ads will appear as videos or pictures on the regular Instagram feed. They also went onto state that users will be able to provide feedback and hide ads if they wish.
Social media advertising
At the moment LinkedIn are the only other social network providing video ads as a advertising solution. With this Instagram update and Facebook gearing up to test their video ad platform, the next 12 months in social media advertising will be an interesting one.
- Facebook to test auto play video ads (viddyad.com)
- “Occasional” Photo & Video Ads Coming To Instagram In Next Couple Months (apple4ladies.com)
- Facebook Inc (FB): More Growth Ahead (valuewalk.com)
- Instagram to start showing photo, video ads (ctvnews.ca)
- FB Stock – Facebook Gets Even More Agressive on Ads (slant.investorplace.com)
- Top 7 Tips for Video Marketing on Facebook (business2community.com)
- Instagram To Start Showing In-Feed Video And Image Ads To US Users (techcrunch.com)
- Reviewing a Google Adwords for Video campaign (viddyad.com)
- Instagram Will Be “Ad Free” No More! (business2community.com)
- Instagram to start showing ads in your feed (o.canada.com)