Since May 2013, LinkedIn have allowed users to upload projects to their profile to showcase their work with files and/or links. Users can also do the same in the summary section of their profile (example below).
Why not go a step further and make a short video of your accomplishments as your summary? The really great thing is you can do this for free! Yes, for free. Shameless promotion of your LinkedIn page, why not? Stand out from the crowd.
Go to Viddyad
- Create your video, with your own images – We suggest head shots, award shots, graduation photos (the good ones) etc.
- Add text – most recent college attended, most recent award etc.
- Add a link – to your blog, Twitter, LinkedIn , Google+
- Save your video ad’s share link
Head over to your LinkedIn page
- Click edit profile
- Go to summary and click ad link
- Copy and past your Viddyad video share link
- Add your own description and click save
The video will now appear on your LinkedIn profile and as a shared update so your connections can see your summary. You can also have videos under the project tab, if you really like using video, you could make video summaries for each position you held.