Viddyad are very proud to launch officially at:
Today we have featured 2 startup companies with hardware products that we believe will be of great benefit to everyone.
When researching drink-driving statistics, I was shocked with the results I found!
- One in three people will be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- In 2011, 9,878 people died in drunk driving crashes – one every 53 minutes
- Drunk driving costs each adult in this country almost $500 per year.
- If all 17 million people who admitted to driving drunk had their own state, it would be the fifth largest in the U.S. according to the NCBI.
- Coffee and cold showers will NOT sober you up I’m afraid! Only TIME can sober a person up with the average adult capable of metabolizing alcohol at the rate of about one drink per hour (Hope College)
It has been and still is blatantly obvious that we need a solution to DUI, ASAP. With this in mind, Breathometer Inc. may have the fastest, most simple and cost effective piece of equipment. You can Pre-Order your own Breathometer now for $49.
The world’s first smart-phone breathalyzer!
If you’re anything like the team at Viddyad, you understand the panic that sets in once the dreaded ‘low battery’ notification appears!
More or less THIS!!
Fear no more! A project started on KickStarter recognized your pain and created this unique product ensuring you always have ‘da Chargaaaaaa” on hand (or at least in your wallet). The Charge Card is a guaranteed success in my eyes. No matter where you are, what you’re doing or who you’re with, the mere fact that your charger is concealed neatly at the back of your wallet provides one less thing for us to ‘worry’ about.
Retailing at $25 I see no reason why anyone who is battery conscious would go without one of these slick little gadgets –
With you when you need it, and out of your way when you don’t.
Breathometer Inc. and Nomad Goods are only 2 of the companies we have featured from Disrupt SF 2013.
We would love to hear what you guys think about some of the other companies.
Feel free to comment below
Tweet us: @viddyad