According to Videology and as of Q2 of this year:
- FMCG products have 29% of the video ad market in Europe
- Consumer goods are the most advertised in the US with 35% of the market
- FMCG video ads take up 26% of the video ad market place
In all three markets, entertainment websites are main focus for advertisers, both European and US market insights showed that 55% of video advertisers use entertainment websites to published their video ads.
Videology research showed the following for video view completion and click through rates:
- Views in the age bracket of 65+ have the highest click through rate in all markets
- In both the UK and wider European markets views between the age of 25-34 have the highest video completion rate, however in the US market 18-24 year olds have the highest view completion percentages.
- Germany’s mobile video consumption reached 33.5 percent of smartphone users
- Italy and Spain also showed strongest growth with Spain leading the ranking as 40.2 percent of smartphone users watched a video or TV that month (June 2013)
- The UK’s video consumption reached 37.2 percent of smartphone users and 26.5 percent of French smartphone owners accessed video content on their mobile as of June 2013
- via ComScore Inc
The US retail industry will spend as estimated $9.42 billion this year on paid digital media. From the graph below, this number is expected to rise to $13.5 billion in 2017.
- Via eMarketer.com
Who will be next to launch video ads as an advertising solution ?
- Facebook is also expected to launch video ads. Facebook owned Instagram seems to be in pole position to have video ads as part of advertising products.
- Users will begin to see “occasional ads” in the “next couple of months” Instagram said.
Check out some videos we’ve put together all with stock images and clips:
Video games – http://www.viddyad.com/watch/TKY7LAXLOS0PSNPQ
Business services – http://www.viddyad.com/watch/ODONEQRS1SUSHDHT
- Recipe for video Ad success (viddyad.com)
- Facebook Inc (FB) Wants Video Ads (insidermonkey.com)
- Ads in iPhone/iPad games getting too intrusive? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Videology Places in Top 25 on Inc. 500’s Roster of Fastest Growing Advertising & Marketing Companies (sys-con.com)
- Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis told VA doctors he was not thinking of harming … – Washington Post (washingtonpost.com)
- Facebook Pushes Back Unveiling of Video Ads (socialmediatoday.com)
- How to Take Advantage of the Upcoming Facebook Video Ads (pschaecker.wordpress.com)
- Egypt police storm area near Cairo, officer killed – Reuters (reuters.com)
- McCain Sharply Criticizes Putin – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Looming showdown over Obamacare may lead to gov’t shutdown – CBS News (cbsnews.com)