With LinkedIn having just launched sponsored updates, we take a look at social media and how sponsorship and promotion on social networks are the way forward for marketers.
LinkedIn is a networker’s dream! These newly released sponsored updates start today and will help aid members establish new connections. This is not the only form of LinkedIn advertising available as LinkedIn also do advertising.
However, if sponsored updates are not your thing, businesses can still do a lot for free on LinkedIn. Check out HP’s success story here.
HP have formed a targeted community where HP is communicating with the specific professionals that matter to their business, in real time.
4 ways in which the guys at HP did this:
- Followers Engage
- Followers Fit the Target
- Followers Can Be Segmented
- Followers Amplify
Promoted accounts -put you in front of more people who are just like them.
Promoted tweets – are regular Tweets with the added bonus that they can reach more people who are interested in your business.
Promoted trends– Your Promoted Trend is featured at the top of the list for an entire day.
1. Promoted Tweet exposure drives stronger message association.
2. Brand lift is amplified by multiple exposures to Promoted Tweets.
3. Engagement with Promoted Tweets translates to higher brand favorability and purchase intent.
Again if you want to go down the most popular route for twitter strategy i.e no promotional accounts. Here’s some Viddyad tips for organic twitter engagement
- Target appropriately, follow people who you want to engage with
- Don’t be so serious, everyone likes some fun on their twitter feed.
- Retweet, share and favourite. You can’t expect people to help you if you don’t help them! It’s common courtesy.
- Be helpful to your followers
Facebook is probably the easiest form paid advertising platforms to use. It has become very easy to build your brands page and promote your business/service.
By using Facebook advertising they were able to:
- Increase their Facebook fan-base over 11X in one year, from 2,000 to 23,000
- They gained over 4,500 ‘likes’ through their primary sponsored stories campaign alone
- 30% of new customers came through Facebook
- Generated positive word of mouth and recommendations from fans
- The engaged community meant that fans often replied to other fans flavor questions, acting as brand-ambassadors for English Cheesecake Company.
However, you don’t have to use Facebook paid advertising. Facebook is about building a community around your brand and if done correctly, you can achieve Facebook success, for free!
The future of advertising on social media:
Video ads are the future of social media advertising , with LinkedIn already supporting video ads. Facebook video ads are also rumored to launch in September, allowing users of social see video ads on their own newsfeeds.