With over 5 million small and medium sized businesses in the USA, competition to be recognized and stand out to consumers is rife. It is of vital importance that SMBs leverage their IT resources to the same extent if not better than their competitors. Here we will list the advantages of using video ads for SMBs and give some tips for content curation and distribution as well as a case study to show how effective video ads can be.
Advantages of using Video Ads
Clicks: Users of social media are 5 times more likely to click on video, if your company has a social media presence, a video ad will be a welcome addition.
Stand out from the crowd: Video ads are a great way of standing out from your competitors, instead of having numerous posts, cut it down and post your video ad.
Networking: Video ads can be shared on social media, add this to your list of sharable content and watch your social media figures rise. Consumers don’t have time to read bundles of text, give them a quick 15 second video ad and they’ll be glad for it.
Brand: Like TV ads, video ads build your brand. Really good ones have the opportunity to go viral, making sure your brand echoes across the web.
SEO: Correctly optimized websites with video are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google.
Content is King
The content you put into your video ad is of the utmost importance, stock images and clips are always good as they are professional and can be used in a variety of mediums; digital signage for events or in store on tablets and screens. Also add some of your own content to put your brand’s stamp on it. Keep in mind you want your video to be shared, so be creative.
Distribution is Queen
- Share them on social media sites
- Have your video ad as a pre-roll or post-roll clip
- Pre-roll ads display your video as an ad break before or during YouTube partner videos.
- Post-roll ads display your video as an ad after YouTube partner videos.
- Use them as part of your Google AdWords campaign – http://blog.viddyad.com/2013/06/14/google-adwords-for-video/
Why do we think it’s so important to have a video ad?
Take a look at these statistics
- 97% of people first look for products and services on the internet
- 64% of consumers take action after viewing video ads
- Customers viewing sites with video are 85% more likely to buy
- People remember videos 10 times more than text alone
- Video increases the likelihood of users accessing an advertiser’s website by 6 TIMES
Case study of how the Viddyad tool was used to create and share a video ad
We managed a large marketing conference in Ireland’s National Conference Centre in May 2013. We created a video ad on viddyad.com in minutes and then used this on LinkedIn to promote the event. The event was a sell out. By promoting our event on LinkedIn and online, we were able to specifically target our market – which were professional women.
It was easy to use, very quick to create and now we have a video ad that we can use for other events as we’re able to tweak the text and images if we like easily.
– Vicky Bradshaw, Marketing Manager at Harmonia publishing.
So what are you waiting for – log on and create your ad today at http://www.viddyad.com.
- Ad agency execs say online video ads are more effective than traditional TV advertising (dottech.org)
- Google Adwords For Video (viddyad.com)
- Online Videos More Effective Than TV Advertising (mashable.com)
- Google: video ads for news tripled last year, 2 in 5 bought ads for first time (paidcontent.org)
- Online Video Advertising Is Here To Stay (viddyad.com)