WebSummit brings out some of the best international speakers on tech. Here’s just a handful of our favorites appearing this year.
Drew Houston – CEO & co-founder of Dropbox
Millions of people use Dropbox for hundreds of different projects, Dropbox was a game changer in that we now don’t have to worry about that lost USB key. Houston co founded Dropbox with Arash Ferdowsi in 2007 and has never looked back. He took part in a fireside chat at TechCrunch SFO 2013 and is wholly honest and super smart. Definitely a must see at WebSummit 2013.
Jordan Casey – CEO of CaseyGames
At 13, he is a self-taught programmer and has created Alien Ball VS Humans, Save The Day (Official game for national Children’s Day in Brazil) Food World and My Little World. No stranger to speaking and he was the only speaker at the Irish International Business Network held in New York as well as speaking at Cannes Lions, TedxYouth New Delhi, The Smartphone and Tablet Games Summit and BETT 2013. Impressed? You should be.
Tony Hawk – Tony Hawk Foundation
As well as being possibly the greatest skateboarder to ever have lived, Hawk’s foundation has donated more than $4.4-million to 529 communities in all 50 States. He is also an astute businessman. We can’t wait to see him on the peoples stage.
Padmasree Warrior – Cisco Chief Technology & Strategy Officer
Cisco is a global company and its a massive win for WebSummit to have Cisco CIO and strategy officer as a speaker. We hope to hear strategy insights and as many tips as possible for startups coming to grips with new technologies.
Jay Bregman – Founder / CEO of Hailo
Everyone, literally everyone has either used or heard of Hailo. The taxi app is now live in Dublin, London Washington, New York, Barcelona, Madrid and Cork to name but a few. This will be the first time Viddyad will get to see Bregman speak, and we can’t wait.
- What you can do with stock clips and Images (viddyad.com)
- Apple OKs Dropbox adjustments, accessing apps accepted (reviews.cnet.com)
- Blossoming tech industry ray of light in economic gloom London Web Summit Hiscox Blog (hiscox.co.uk)
- Finalists for 2013 ESB Spark of Genius Award named (siliconrepublic.com)
- Leading by Example (websummit.net)
- Some Viddyad Slideshares (viddyad.com)
- HootSuite to Provide Update on “Social Media Must-Have Manoeuvres” (prweb.com)
- Dropbox clears 1 billion file uploads per day (reviews.cnet.com)
- “Inside Dropbox’s Quest to Bury the Hard Drive” #dbpreads (dbpxhaust.wordpress.com)
- Hootsuite nest getting bigger (metronews.ca)